Welcome to one of the few remaining operating Mechanics' Institutes'
The Epworth Mechanics' Institute Library was founded in 1837 by William Read of Epworth. It is located in the Manor Court House, a grade ii listed building located in the Market Place in historic Epworth
Although, we operate a private subscription library, members of the public are welcome to use our facilities at the discretion of the Duty Librarians. The library has an extensive fiction section and a large Local Archive (The Houghton Archive).The archive contains local history books,documents and original editions of the Epworth Bells from 1872 to the present day
Tues: 10am-noon; Thurs: 1.30pm-4pm;Fri 7.30pm-9.30pm
The Library is supported by North Lincs Community Project and Co-op Membership Community Fund